Republic Strongest Man for the XVIII King Fionn Trophy will take place on Saturday 7th April
Disciplines for Day 1:
- 400 KG Tyre Flip- 20m course with 4 lanes, fastest time wins. 75 secs
- Dumbbell for reps (Original Thomas Inch)- Most repetitions will win this event. 75 secs
- Truck Pull (Harness and rope)- 20 m course, fastest time wins. 75 secs
- Deadlift Hold with straps, longest hold will win this event.
- 160kg Stone over a 4ft bar for reps- Most repetitions will win this event, 75secs
Top 8 qualify with 2 representations from North or South
Disciplines for Final for the Finn McCool Trophy
- Duck Walk and Anchor and chain Drag (5 links of chain- 300KG), 4 lanes, 75 second time limit
- Log for Max- Starting weight, 120KG, 60 seconds for 2 attempts to win it. 10KG jumps until 2 competitors remain the weight will jump in 5KGs. Last man standing.
- Car Deadlift for reps side handles (300KG), 75 secs, most reps will win the event.
- Farmers Walk- 40m course, the farmers must be turned at the line, no dropping of farmers at the 20 m mark. Fastest time wins.
- Stones of Strength- 5 stones, 100kg, 115kg, 130kg, 145kg, 160kg onto the causeway wall, 75 second time limit, most stones in the fast time wins.
1st- 1000 euro
2nd- 300 euro
3rd- 200 euro
Ulsters and Republics
1st- 300 euro
2nd- 200 euro
3rd- 100 euro
Applications must be submitted by midnight on St Patrick’s Day (17th March)