Ulster’s Strongest Man for the XVIII Cucullen Trophy, Republic Strongest Man for the XVIII King Fionn Trophy, Junior Ireland Strongest Man Master Ireland Strongest Man and Amateur Ireland Strongest Man for the Finn McCool trophy will take place on Saturday 7th April and Sunday 8th April 2018.
Disciplines for Day 1:
- 400 KG Tyre Flip- 20m course with 4 lanes, fastest time wins. 75 secs
- Dumbbell for reps (Original Thomas Inch)- Most repetitions will win this event. 75 secs
- Farmers Walk- 40m course, the farmers must be turned at the line, no dropping of farmers at the 20 m mark. Fastest time wins.
- Deadlift Hold with straps, longest hold will win this event.
- 160kg Stone over a 4ft bar for reps- Most repetitions will win this event, 75secs
Top 8 qualify with 2 representations from North or South
Disciplines for Final for the Finn McCool Trophy
- Duck Walk and Anchor and chain Drag (5 links of chain- 300KG), 4 lanes, 75 second time limit
- Log for Max- Starting weight, 120KG, 60 seconds for 2 attempts to win it. 10KG jumps until 2 competitors remain the weight will jump in 5KGs. Last man standing.
- Car Deadlift for reps side handles (300KG), 75 secs, most reps will win the event.
- Truck Pull (Harness and rope)- 20 m course, fastest time wins. 75 secs
- Stones of Strength- 5 stones, 100kg, 115kg, 130kg, 145kg, 160kg onto the causeway wall, 75 second time limit, most stones in the fast time wins.
1st- 1000 euro
2nd- 300 euro
3rd- 200 euro
Ulsters and Republics
1st- 300 euro
2nd- 200 euro
3rd- 100 euro
Applications must be submitted by midnight on St Patrick’s Day (17th March)