Ireland Log Lift Championship 2017
Highland Warrior Cup
Competitors there be for 2 qualification places to the All Ireland Final for our overall competition winners lifting the Kenny Kilpatrick Trophy. This competition will be 6 disciplines with 2 of the disciplines having a weight class element to it. One of these will be the log lift and the other will be the stones of strength. With the further events being scored as one overall competition. The disciplines will be as follows:
1. The Log For Maximum- This will be scored as an overall competition event as well as a sub event of the Irish Log Lifting Championships for the 110KG + the Under 110KG class and the Under 95KG Class. 100KG log starter and the log will increase 5KGs at a time. Competitors can pass if they wish. All competitors must do the opening weight and nominate their 3 lifts afterwards. Competitors can also not go back on their weights once they have failed one of their weights.
2. The Log For Reps- This will be scored as part of the overall competition but in addition to the total repetitions will be added to the competitors maximum lift as part of our sub competition which is the Ireland’s Christmas Log Lifting Championships 2017. Within this competition first, second and third medals will be awarded to each weight class, for the overall total of the competitors maximum lift and repetition lift added together. The highest total wins. The overall pound for pound trophy will also be awarded to the competitor that has the highest subtracted score, consisting of the lifting score subtracted by their bodyweight. The highest score will win and lift the Zydrunas Savickas Trophy.
3. The Causeway Stone Putt- This will be our Highland Games based event of the contest with our famous 28lb Causeway stone. It will be thrown from a standing putt to allow power and strength to this strongman test. The furthest distance best on 2 throws.
4. Pole Push- This wrestling test always has drama and is a crowd favourite. Competitors will be battling to become the Wrestling Champion.
5. 48lb weight for Height- 12ft will be the opening height. Competitors have 2 throws at each height. The highest throw wins.
6. The Stones of Strength- This will be scored as an overall scoring to the competition for the Ireland Strongest Man qualification places but will also be a sub competition amongst the 3 weight class, the 110KG + Under 110KG and Under 95KG class. Within this competition first, second and third medals will be awarded to each weight class. With the fastest 4 stones lifted the Ireland Stone Lifting Champion will be awarded the Brian Shaw Trophy.
7. The Keber Toss- This will be a strongman 16ft keber test from a marked course line must be tossed for distance. 2 attempts, the longest distance wins. This will be part of the overall scoring for the top 2 qualification but also the keber, the weight for height and the Causeway Stone Putt will be a sub Highland Games Competition for the Highland Warrior Trophy.
This will be a fun day for all the family with a free children’s grotto for the kids, stalls and fairground activities. All members are free. Adults are £5 and children are free. All noon-members must pay £30 to enter.
This competition will decide 5 titles in 1 day! Be part of it.
For a 1 off event entry click on this link: http://irishstrongman.com/irish-strength-association-single-competition-application-form-2015/