Amateur Ireland Strongest Man 2017. Our annual event of Novice Ireland Strongest Man has been rebranded to the Amateur Ireland Strongest Man. Competitors from all 4 corners of Ireland will be competing at this events. Competitors that are eligible to enter this competition are those that have not one a senior title in the Irish Strength Association. The winner of this event will qualify for this years Ireland Strongest Man. This competition will be part of the Irish Strength Association Games MMXVll. Competitors must sign in at 10.30 on the 28th October 2017.
- Monster Tyre Flip (400KG) – 4 lanes, 75 secs, No tacky, Chalk only.
- Deadlift of vehicle for Reps – 250KG, 75 secs, Straps allowed (No figure of 8s). Many reps as possible into a locked out position with shoulders back and no bouncing. This will be an individual event.
- Duck Walk for distance – 75 secs, 200KG, Chalk Only. Competitors must lift the duck sportingly together. Up a 20 metre course and breaking the line with your foot every 20 metres.
- Louis Cyr Axle for Reps- 107KG for as many reps as possible, no belt cleans, 75 secs, Chalk Only. Competitors must bring the axle to a locked out position with head forward and returned under control. this will be a paired event.
- 145KG Stone over a 4ft Bar for Reps, 75 secs for as many reps as possible. Tacky Allowed.
Click the link below about signing up for this event online for £30. Failure to complete online will result in a £40 participation cost.