- Ireland’s Strongest Man Pa O’Dwyer finishes 6th overall in Uzbekistan. This is a remarkable achievement for Pa who has already performed on international stages this year at the UK Strongest Man finishing 3rd, 2nd with Team Ireland in the Ultimate Strongman Battle of Britain and representing Team Celts in the Ultimate Strongman Team World Championship.
- With a tough battle through 8 grueling events over 3 days 3 times Junior Ireland Strongest Man Matthew McCoy of Co. Antirm fought off extreme competition to achieve 4th Place in the U23 World Championship in Gatineau. Gatineau, Canada – 6,000 fans packed the arena for the first day of the Ultimate Strongman U23 World
- In Kilkeel as part of the 11th Night Celebrations the Irish Strength Association carried out a number of Irish and World Record attempts. Angelo Iannetta of Co.Wexford and Matthew McCoy of Co.Antirm were the 2 competitors that were going to challenge their feats of strength. The first record that was attempted was the UK record
- The Irish Strength Association would like to congratulate David Loughman of Co.Dublin for winning the Scottish Wrestling and MAS wrestling Irish Championships at Bangor town hall on 25th June 2016. These events were a part of the Irish Expo, consisting of strongman, highland games and wrestling championships. However, we had a strong line up of
- The ISA would like to acknowledge the achievement of Brian McShane of Co. Dungannon. On the 25th June Brian was attempting to be the third man in Irish History to bend the famous red nail of Ironmind. The Ironmind Red Nail sets the standard for excellence in short steel bending. It
Since it's formation in July 2000, the Irish Strength Association have gone from strength to strength, boasting over 140 members, many of whom have competed in the highest levels of Strongest Man,Arm-wrestling and Highland games competitions. Mission: To be the strongest on the planet!
Aug 12, 2018
Donnagdee Highland Games won by strength games legend Jonathan Kelly Co.Antrim. Great throwing all day with Jonathan and Sean battling out in the weight for height. Jonathan achieved a personal best of 18ft and Sean won the event with 19ft. The crowd were entertained with strongman action in the log lift and husafelt stone by
Jul 12, 2018
As part of the 11th night celebrations in Kilkeel a few ISA members took part in a series of record breaking challenges. First was the 53KG dumbbell press. The current Amateur record was 11 reps and this was challenged by Gareth Quinn of Co. Down and Josh Smith of Co. Armagh. Both men put up
Apr 20, 2018
With crowds running into the thousands and perfect weather gracing Bangor, County Down, Pa O’Dwyer saw off all challengers to take a third Ireland’s Strongest Man title and the Republic of Ireland Strongest Man title. Showing that, once again, all-round consistency is the way to the title, O’Dwyer took wins in the Log For Maximum
Mar 29, 2018
The “To Me To You Removals” Ireland’s Strongest Man will commence on Sunday 8th April at 1pm at the McKee Clock Arena. All 12 competitors will be battling it out for the 19th Finn McCool Trophy. The 4 hour strength extravaganza is supported by Ards and North Down Borough Council which entails 5 gruelling
Mar 25, 2018
Ulster’s Strongest Man for the XVIII Cucullen Trophy, Republic Strongest Man for the XVIII King Fionn Trophy, Junior Ireland Strongest Man Master Ireland Strongest Man Finn McCool Trophy will take place on Sunday 8th April 2018. Ireland Strongest Man 2018 for IX Finn McCool Trophy Disciplines: 1/Duck Walk and Anchor and chain Drag (5 links
If you would like to get book an event please click here to message us directly or use any of the methods below.